Looma exists to connect shoppers to the people and stories behind food & beverage products. Our first product, Loop™ At-Shelf Maker Stories, is a network of smart tablets in grocery stores that play short, human-centric films connecting producer to consumer. The data generated by Loop™ fuels our proprietary film production and optimization processes, forming a flywheel we believe will one day power the world’s most sophisticated platform for human-centric point-of-decision video.
The Head of Adult Beverage Programs is responsible for scaling the beer, wine, and spirits portion of our business from a few key regional partners to a nationwide network. The role involves a good bit of sales — both to retailers and brands — but is much more than a traditional sales role, as this hire will be responsible for the success of the entire program. In addition to selling the program, this role will be responsible for program design, building processes to ensure phenomenal merchandising execution, defining each program's KPIs, and working with our Data Science team to optimize each program and deliver retailer- and brand-facing reports. This role will initially have one direct report, but we expect to grow the team substantially over the next 24 months. The role will initially report directly to our CEO.
The responsibilities for this role can be split into four primary categories:
- Retail & Brand Sales: 50%
- Program Design: 20%
- Brand Partner Experience Design: 20%
- Team Development & Management: 10%
Retail & Brand Sales (50%)
- Pitch new retailers on piloting Loop™ in their stores
- Identify target brand partners for each program
- Sell Loop™ campaigns to target brand partners
- Design and maintain program-specific sales decks
- Co-sell film production packages alongside our Story Development team
- Pass the baton to an account manager for campaign implementation
Program Design (20%)
- Work with retail partners to understand their strategic objectives, both for the adult beverage department and more broadly
- Design programs with each retailers’ buying unit, determining things like in-store tablet location, thematic tie-ins, target suppliers/supplier parameters, content rotation frequency, geographic regions, etc.
- Work with our Data Science team to build a set of program KPIs to monitor each program’s health
Brand Partner Experience Design (20%)
- Map the brand partner journey, identifying pain points and areas of improvement
- Design campaign management systems so brand partners are well-equipped before and during campaigns
- Build processes for ensuring Loop™ is the best-executed program in the entire adult bev department
- Work with our Product team to design scalable systems for high-touch, high-volume functions like brand partner onboarding, resource management, etc.
- Work with our Data Science team to design best-in-class reporting, both during and post-campaign
Team Development & Management (10%)
- Assist in recruiting sales reps and account managers as we grow the adult bev portion of our business
- Map Brand Sales team needs & structure post-Series A
Critical Attributes & Qualifications
- Warmth / Magnetism / Charm: quick to love people, able to win over nearly anyone, and will represent the Looma brand well in serving as its face to many retail partners and nearly all brand partners
- Hustle / Tenacity / Grit: excited by the entrepreneurial nature of this role, understands it will involve some serious tenacity to develop national scale, and eager to solve really difficult problems along the way
- Proven Salesmanship: indisputable track record of excellent salesmanship
- Analytical / Financially Savvy: understands retail and brand partners' economic drivers, adept at building program KPIs and holding our team accountable to them, and eager to build retail and brand reports
- Process-Driven: extremely disciplined and organized; able to build systems that scale 10x+
- Mission-Aligned: excited to connect shoppers to the people behind their products, and appreciative of good film/stories
- Experience in the adult beverage industry is strongly preferred; experience in CPG sales, media/advertising sales, or startups are all bonuses
Structure & Compensation
Looma will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary and stock options. All Looma compensation packages include cash/equity flexibility (i.e. you can opt for more equity and less cash or vice-versa).
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and vision (gold plan)
- Unlimited PTO (3-week minimum)
- 12-week primary caregiver leave
- Flexible office setting (office, flex, or WFH, with associated stipends)
- $100/month craftsmanship stipend
Looma’s Hiring Philosophy
We believe culture is one of the strongest predictors of success for a startup. Strong contributors to Looma’s culture will aspire to and exhibit the following characteristics:
- Emotional Intelligence
Diversity & Nondiscrimination
Looma believes diversity is a fundamental good, and we are committed to promoting diversity both in our workplace and through the stories we tell. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, class or caste status, or any other protected class. Our global nondiscrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business.
Adult Beverage, CPG, Retail, Sales, Business Development, Program Design, Program Management, Account Management, Craft Beer, Wine, Startup, Venture Capital, Retail Tech, Adtech, Retail Media, Consumer Goods