Looma exists to inspire, educate, and humanize the shopping experience. Our first product, Loop™️, is an in-store network of screens that play short videos focused on storytelling and education. The content for this platform is powered by our second product, Relay™️, a marketplace of filmmakers and other creators who specialize in point-of-decision content.
As a product manager at Looma, you will drive a broad range of strategic product functions, ranging from top of funnel product discovery to boots on the ground product design, sprint scoping, and product delivery. You will join a highly skilled product development team that values joy in work, organizational excellence, and empathy towards teammates and partners. As an early member of this team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to this culture and take on a significant level of ownership from the start of your role. Given the relatively small size of our product management team, you will also have the opportunity to lead others and be trusted with key business decisions once you have your feet under you. We are seeking top-tier candidates who have demonstrated experience in product management and are looking to advance their careers by taking on a role with a high level of ownership, opportunity for growth, and complex decision-making. This is a challenging but rewarding role that requires a high level of adaptability, leadership, and collaboration.
The responsibilities for this role are split relatively evenly between:
- User Research & Competitive Analysis (10%)
- Roadmap Strategy & Organization (40%)
- Engineering Sprint Management (40%)
- Product Design (10%)
User Research & Competitive Analysis (10%)
- Dive deep into the needs and behaviors of key product stakeholders, including shoppers, food & beverage brands, retailers, filmmakers, and Looma employees, through ongoing user research.
- Stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape of the rapidly growing and evolving retail media ecosystem through detailed competitive analysis.
Roadmap Strategy & Organization (40%)
- Maintain a polished and organized roadmap, ensuring that it is visually clear and easy to understand for all stakeholders.
- Gather insights and feedback from key stakeholders to inform the roadmap and align it with the needs and expectations of internal teams, brand and retail partners, and shoppers.
- Contribute to discussions around prioritization and high-level product strategy, using your understanding of the market, the customer, and the business to inform your recommendations.
Engineering Sprint Management (40%)
- Scope work and create detailed plans for software engineering projects and sprints to ensure smooth execution and delivery.
- Triage and prioritize engineering tasks and bugs to ensure that the most important work is tackled first and that the team stays focused and on track.
- Conduct thorough quality assurance on all engineering deliverables to ensure that they meet the required standards and specifications before they are released to users. This includes reviewing code, testing functionality, and identifying and fixing any issues that may arise.
Product Ideation & Design (10%)
- Generate new ideas for features and tools through a combination of internal ideation sessions and input from key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and team members.
- Work with a dedicated visual designer to create production-quality UI/UX materials, utilizing their expertise to ensure that the end product meets the required standards. This role is not expected to produce production-quality design materials.
- Contribute to high-level product architecture design, working closely with engineering and design team members to ensure that the product is well-designed and scalable.
Attributes & Experience
- Enthusiasm: You approach your work with energy and passion, and are able to inspire others to do the same. You bring a sense of fun and excitement to your work, and encourage creativity and innovation within the team.
- Empathy: You are able to understand and relate to the needs and experiences of customers, teammates, and partners, and approach problem-solving with a user-centric perspective.
- Decisiveness: You are able to make tough decisions quickly, even in the face of uncertainty or limited information.
- Curiosity: You are constantly seeking to learn and grow, and have a strong desire to understand how things work and how to improve them. You are open to new ideas and approaches, and enjoy exploring and experimenting with new technologies and methods.
- Organization: You take pride in maintaining a high level of organization in fast-paced and complex environments, and enjoy building new systems to efficiently keep tasks, projects, and roadmap items in order.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., computer science, engineering, business)
- 3-5 years of experience in product management, preferably at a startup or high-growth company
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and sales
- Proficiency with agile development methodologies and tools (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Asana, Trello, JIRA)
Structure & Compensation
Looma will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary and stock options. All Looma compensation packages include cash / equity flexibility (i.e. you can opt for more equity and less cash or vice-versa).
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and vision (gold plan)
- Unlimited PTO (3-week minimum)
- Up to 12 weeks parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible office setting (office, flex, or WFH, with associated stipends)
- $100/month craftsmanship stipend
Looma’s Hiring Philosophy
Looma believes culture is one of the strongest predictors of success for a startup. Strong contributors to Looma’s culture will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Emotional Intelligence
Diversity & Nondiscrimination
Looma believes diversity is a fundamental good, and we are committed to promoting diversity both in our workplace and through the stories we tell. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, class or caste status, or any other protected class. Our global nondiscrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business.